Note: Not to be confused with an 'Interlude'.
The TV season has more or less ended for me, with most of my favorite shows going on hiatus until the fall. As of now, most of my television time is spent watching the playoffs (Pens v. Caps was amazing), but the cup final will soon come and go. With not a whole lot to watch this summer, here's five shows that I've been meaning to catch up on / dive into:
1) Scrubs
I've heard from a number of people that Scrubs is a show I'd probably like. Seeing as how the show apparently features "...fast-paced dialogue, slapstick, and surreal vignettes", I'm not quite sure how to interpret what this means about my sense of humor. Nevertheless, I've seen bits and pieces of a few episodes, and I definitely like Zac Braff and Sarah Chalke in other shows. Eight seasons is a lot to catch up with though.
2) Battlestar Galactica
I watched the first season of BSG and was impressed by how grand of a production it was, but I never really got hooked. It was also a little strange to watch the characters sneak around Koerner library, which apparently doubles as a Cylon outpost at night. The show has got some great actors though, and that alone may be enough to win me back to the series. I'm also looking forward to sharing the feelings of frustration and disappointment that the entire Internet has apparently experienced after the series' finale.
3) Breaking Bad
I think I've seen 3 minutes of this show on AMC, and watching the dad from Malcolm in a Middle act like an unbalanced sociopath is probably enough reason to give the show a try. Also, the premise for the show gives me goosebumps: "A high-school chemistry teacher learns he's dying, so he takes up a new career as a meth producer in hopes of earning enough money to take care of his family." Sounds pretty epic to me.
4) Dexter
After watching season one and some of season two of Dexter, I really wanted to keep up with the show. It's got great pacing, a good mix of mystery/suspense, and successfully exploits the layman's fascination with serial killers and vigilantism. The show's pretty dark though, and I generally opt for the lighter fare when the school year is on (some of the cases you read in law school can be depressing enough). Of course, now that school's officially over, I fully intend to get caught up this summer . On a tangential note, does anyone else find it a bit strange that the actor who plays Dexter and the actress who plays Dexter's sister are now married?
5) Arrested Development
I keep putting this off, but I absolutely need to watch all three seasons of Arrested Development, this time in order. CBC featured the show a couple summers back and I got hooked, but the episodes weren't aired in chronological order. As a result, I have a very abstract sense of the show's storyline, but the episodes are funny enough on their own (I think I missed out on a lot of inside jokes though). Lawyer Fun Fact: Did you know the producers of the show were sued by the hip hop group Arrested Development over the use of the show's name? If you remember the ep with Ben Stiller (awesome cameo), he makes reference to this in having to change the title of his magic act video.
~ C.A.
Study Hard...
15 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment